A free owner’s manual (also known as an instruction manual, user’s handbook, rider’s manual or owner’s handbook) is a book or booklet that comes with practically all technologically advanced consumer items such as motorcycles, motorbikes, scooters, and two-wheelers. The following information is normally included in the owner’s manual:
- For liability considerations, safety instructions can be comprehensive, typically containing cautions against performing activities that are ill-advised for device longevity or general user safety.
- Normal or planned operations are described in these instructions.
- Instructions for maintenance.
- Troubleshooting instructions are provided in the event that the bike does not function as planned.
- Service centers; for when the product has to be repaired by a factory-authorized technician.
- Information about regulatory code compliance, such as safety or hazards.
- Technical standards for motorcycles.
- Warranty information; occasionally supplied on a separate sheet.
Until the last decade or two of the twentieth century, it was common for an owner’s manual to include detailed repair information, such as a circuit diagram; however, as products became more complex, this information was gradually relegated to specialized service manuals, or omitted entirely, as devices became too cheap to repair economically.
Many brands provide PDF files of manuals that may be read or downloaded for free from their websites. Here are the list of the brand we cover on this site, with direct links to their downloadable free owner’s manuals.
- Aprilia Maintenance Booklet (must enter your details including the VIN number of the bike)
- BMW Motorrad Owner’s Handbook (requires that you enter the chassis number of your ride to download the proper manual)
- Ducati Owner’s Manual (simply select the Family, Model and Year from the dropdown)
- Honda Owner’s Manual (select the year, segment, category and model from the menu)
- Hyosung Owner’s Manual (list of manuals, right click to download)
- Indian Motorcycles Owner’s Manual (select brand, year and model from the dropdown)
- Kawasaki Owner’s Manual (must register on their website and add your vehicle)
- Moto Guzzi User and Maintenance Booklet (must enter your details including the VIN number of the bike)
- Royal Enfield Owner’s Manual (select your model from the list and download)
- Suzuki (You will not find a link here because Suzuki it is the only manufacturer that we know which actually charges for their owner’s manuals!)
- Triumph Owner’s Handbook (just select your model from their menu)
- Yamaha Owner’s Manual (you can search by model, VIN or manual part number)
If your brand is not listed here, please feel free to reach out to us and we will make sure to add it to the list.